1. Cut a 6" x 12" piece of hydrangea CS. Score parallel to the 6" edge at 2", at 4", at 8" and 10". Click to make image larger.
3. Fold each fold and use your bone folder to sharpen the folds. On the illustration below, M = mountain fold and V = valley fold. Click image for larger view.
5. Now you are ready to begin decorating. I love using the 6" x 12" size because all the panels start out as even sizes. Here is what I did (see image for panel information--click it to make larger).
B = 1.5" x 2"
C = 3" x 4"
D = 1.5" x 4"
E = 2" x 6"
F = 2" x 3"
6. I started with Hollyhock Cardstock (CS) for covering the first set of panels. I cut Hollyhock panels for E's, D's, & F. For the section that would end up Panel A, I filled in the rest of panel A with a hollyhock piece the size of Panel F. (Panel size e.g. E = 1-7/8" x 5-7/8")
7. Next I used Topiary CS to cover panels B & C. (Panel size e.g. B = 1-3/8" x 1-7/8")
8. Cut Flower B&T for both E & D panels. (Panel size e.g. E = 1-3/4" x 5-3/4")
9. Cut Dotted B&T for all Panel Bs. (Panel size B = 1-1/4" x 1-3/4")
10. The last panel that I cut was a bamboo textured CS for panel A. It should have been 2-3/4" x 3-3/4". Mine was a little larger so I said Oh well..... I used colonial white CS for the flowers, button, and Friendship saying for decorations. I used some punches, brads, pearls, and sparkles as well as a Just Blooms butterfly to finish off.
Watch for tomorrow's tutorial for Card 2. This will be the second of three cards that we made in my workshop. It is a stand-alone pop-up card. So stay tuned!