Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Customer Appreciation Workshop

A couple of Saturdays ago, I had a customer appreciation workshop.  It was a card-making workshop and the theme was fun fold cards.  It was a blast and I really love the cards that we made.  It was a super day.  Now I am going to debut the cards.  Here is the first card we did--a tri-fold.  Here is it collapsed

Tri fold opened:


 Another view:

A couple of closeups:











Instructions:

1.  Cut a 6" x 12" piece of hydrangea CS.  Score parallel to the 6" edge at 2", at 4", at 8" and 10".  Click to make image larger.

2.  Parallel to the 12" side, 1.5" from the edge cut from the 2" score to the 10" score on both edges of the paper.

3. Fold each fold and use your bone folder to sharpen the folds.  On the illustration below, M = mountain fold and V = valley fold.  Click image for larger view.


5.  Now you are ready to begin decorating.  I love using the 6" x 12" size because all the panels start out as even sizes.  Here is what I did (see image for panel information--click it to make larger).

A = 3" x 4"
B = 1.5" x 2"
C = 3" x 4"
D = 1.5" x 4"
E = 2" x 6"
F = 2" x 3"


6.  I started with Hollyhock Cardstock (CS) for covering the first set of panels.  I cut Hollyhock panels for E's, D's, & F.  For the section that would end up Panel A, I filled in the rest of panel A with a hollyhock piece the size  of Panel F.  (Panel size e.g. E = 1-7/8" x 5-7/8")

7.  Next I used Topiary CS to cover panels B & C.    (Panel size e.g. B = 1-3/8" x 1-7/8")

8.  Cut Flower B&T for both E & D panels.  (Panel size e.g.  E = 1-3/4" x 5-3/4")

9.  Cut Dotted B&T for all Panel Bs.  (Panel size B = 1-1/4" x 1-3/4")

10.  The last panel that I cut was a bamboo textured CS for panel A.  It should have been 2-3/4" x 3-3/4".  Mine was a little larger so I said Oh well.....  I used colonial white CS for the flowers, button, and Friendship saying for decorations.  I used some punches, brads, pearls, and sparkles as well as a Just Blooms butterfly to finish off.

Watch for tomorrow's tutorial for Card 2.  This will be the second of three cards that we made in my workshop.  It is a stand-alone pop-up card.  So stay tuned!

2 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Kathleen, very lovely card. thanks for the instructions... they are very clear, I might try that. Very nice colors, and papers.
Hugs.
Danielle.

Marie said...

Thank you for sharing. Hope you don't mind that I posted a link to this under my "tutorials and such" page.

Related Posts with Thumbnails