Saturday, January 24, 2009

Easter Eggs Already!


Here is my 8" x 3.5" card for the February Stamp of the Month. I went through several iterations of this and I'm not sure I'm happy with it yet but I've run out of time for our exchange.
It is 2 degrees here in Montana this evening and I'm wishing for a -20 (below). We have these beetles in our forest (Helena National Forest) and as I travel down to Butte to see my kids and grand kids, I look at all the trees that are dead and just sigh. I bet come summer they will be a huge fire hazard. So, I'm praying for a week of -20. They say that it will take around a week of 20 below to kill off the beetles. But, then again, today there were vigils for children lost to abortions all day. I reminded my Senator that it wasn't that long ago that many thought slavery was not a bad thing and that slaves were less than human. They also had no voice in government or the law to protect them either. Many thought that slaves could be tortured, abused, and killed because they were also less than human. Well, so to it is with those unique individual human beings aborted every day who are also thought of as less than human. Unique human beings that will never be replaced being taken from us every day by those who consider themselves not only more than human beings but think of themselves as gods because they have the power to terminate life. How very sad that those little precious souls will never get a chance to live. Mary, mother of God, pray for us!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails