Saturday, July 27, 2013

My WOTG Canvas Art

As you may have seen Close To My Heart has an absolutely wild special going on only through the end of this month for the Canvas Art Workshop On The Go.  Now, my scrapbooking skills are limited because I tend to be a cardmaker, but the $40 kit is $19.95 through the end of this month and I could NOT pass up a deal like that. 

First I started out with the WOTG kit:
Here is what you get for that great price!  A 12"x12" canvas with a chevron design, the C-size stamp set (normally $13.95), Sparkle Flourish ($4.95), 10 large size gems, Cashmere Bakers Twine (1 yard), Dimensional Elements (enough for 2 canvas's if you wanted) and fully illustrated instructions.

Since I knew what pictures would be used (my daughter-in-law's grandparents came to visit and it was so special to her).  So I cropped the pictures to the suggested sizes of the dimensional elements and printed them out.

I then punched out all the dimensional elements and filed and sandpapered the little nubbies left from punching them out.  I then laid them out on my canvas with pictures in the little dimensional element frames and took a picture before I did anything stamping.  This is what it looked like:


Note that even the jewel swirls are still on their acetate and no popped up tape added.  I just wanted to have an idea of balance.  So then I stamped everything and added dimensional tape where needed and this is the finished project:


I am SO pleased with how it turned out.  To see details you can click on it the picture.  Here is one last picture zero-ing in on the dimension.


If you have never tried a home-décor project like this, you can't beat the deal that Close To My Heart is offering this month!  Get yours here!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails