Sunday, March 18, 2012

Thank You's

A short while ago I was over visiting one of my friends, helping her with her computer.  She is a Stampin Up demonstrator (and you know I'm a Close To My Heart demonstrator) so we both have a lot in common and always a lot to talk about--latest trends in stamping scrapbooking, etc.  Her husband is quite a potter and actually does classes etc. at the Archie Bray Foundation (for ceramic arts--famous world-wide).  Oh my gosh you should see some of his amazing pottery!  (but I digress)  Anyway, he is playing with woodworking and last Christmas I received a wonderful amazing mouse pad (from him and his wife) that was a wood piece with designs in the wood made by pieced together wood.  He told me that I needed the barrett to match and gave me this BEAUTIFUL barrett (below)!  Imagine the mouse pad which has some of the intricate wood patterns created by the different tones of wood.  Really awesome!

Isn't this AMAZING???  Here is another photo to show you about how big it is.  I have really thick and long hair and you would not believe how hard it is to find something that can actually hold my hair, but this does.

Anyway, something so beautiful cannot go un-thanked.  I wanted to create a beautiful and manly card to thank him for the wonderful present.  With his wife being the super talented card maker it was a challenge!  I selected Lucky papers (because I love those papers).  So, I'm hoping he will be pleased too!  He and his wife are some of my favorite people!


Supplies:
Papers: Lucky WOTG papers; Pacifica & Sunset Cardstock; Husk (retired) card base cardstock
Stamps: Thanks
Ink: Chocolate (pads shown to identify colors or the Lucky papers)
Embellishments: z1617 Dark chocolate striped grosgrain ribbon; z1387 Wooden Buttons; orange waxy flax (retired); z1706 Round Durables Studs
Other: Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge- 2-3/8" scallop circle and 1-3/4" circle; z1392 2" scallop circle punch

I'm hoping that you all walk with friends that love you and are as richly blessed as I have been!

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails