Saturday, April 30, 2011

How'd She Do That?

This is just a quick how-to post.  I had a couple of people ask how to get the frame around the cards from the post below--Birthday Card Workshop.  The answer is that I made a template.

Here is what you do (note that you can click on any picture to make it larger to see details):

1.  Whatever size card you are making, cut out two pieces of cardstock (for strength) the same size as the card you wish to frame.  For the Fanfare cards in my previous post, they were all "standard - A2" (or 4-1/4" x 5-1/2").  So I used some retired color (ocean) pieces of cardstock.


2.  Knowing that I wanted at least a half inch margin around the card, I used my paper cutter to cut out the inside of the pieces I created in step 1 (see pictures below which can also be clicked on show more detail) . 



3.  Glue the two frames together.  After you have stamped your card, place the frame over the card and trace around the inside of the frame up to where the stamped image.

4.  By using a frame that is the same size as the card you are framing with a border, you always insure that everything will be centered perfectly.




Voila!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails