Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fun time with friends

I have probably told you before about one of my very dear friends who happens to be an SU consultant.  She is mega talented when it comes to cards even more so than a lot of the popular bloggers that you see on the net.  However, she thinks of herself as techno challenged and is totally uninterested in blogging.  Anyway, from her party (I love SU punches and Sizzix stuff) we did these two cards--sorry I can't tell you much more about the colors--I just don't know them as well as CTMH colors, but these cards did turn out gorgeous!  The first one is a swiper card.  I will have a tutorial here in a couple of days so stay tuned.  Here is the card as you would get it in the envelope.

All petals are made from Christmas bulb punch.

Here is the swiper card opened:


Then we did a second card.  This one did not get sprayed with the schmooch (sp?).  The color combo was so interesting to me because they aren't colors I would have chosen to go together.

Don't you just love the textured embossing folders?????  Anyway, here is the inside of the card.  Yes, my friend Marlene leaves no paper unstamped!  :-)

That is so cool!!  Finally, since I have this nice big basement all set up as a workshop/classroom studio, I hold the "mystery hostess" party and here is what Marlene made for hosting.  Note the partyly eaten candies that my granddaughter's think I haven't noticed:


Now, I bet you are wondering what the little Lion is so upset about (below).  Is it because he can't find his "courage"?   Actually no.  This was his first try at a costume that turned out to be too small--especially for his head and he was MAD!   This is my grandson, Xander, the Lion:

Okay, warming up to the suit now:


Here's wishing you a creative day!  Blessings!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails