Saturday, May 9, 2015

Masculine Birthday Card

The month of May is full of card opportunities.  There is Mother's Day, my son and son in law's birthdays, my daughter in law's birthday and the list goes on.  So, for my son and son-in-law's birthday cards, I was very inspired by Dana Kessler to the point of pretty much casing her card.  When I have so many cards, the creative juices are sometimes stagnant.  Anyway, here is my rendition of Dana's lovely card:


I used our retired textured cardstock to make this card.  I really love this paper because one side is true color and the other is a lighter, coordinated color.  The base of this card is cocoa.

This one shows some detail a little better:


And here is the inside of the card:


Papers:  Jackson WOTG papers; Cocoa textured cardstock (ret.)
Stamps D1646 Finding the Words; S1504 Typed Note (ret.) -- below
Inks:  Juniper, Cocoa, and Black Exclusive Inks
 
D1646 Finding the Words
 
 
S1504 Typed Note
 
 
And here is the wonderful cake that my Grandson picked for his father, my son--a real outdoors man.  He had to make sure that he would be able to keep the boat, fisherman, and fish.  Of course his dad told my Grandson that he could hold them for him.  :-)
 
 
Happy Birthday Ian! 
 
Love, Mom
 

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Great masculine card. Thanks for stopping by my blog and to answer your question...I used Canary ink for the yellow. Happy stamping!

Related Posts with Thumbnails