Sunday, November 2, 2014

Home Decor Thanksgiving Turkey Centerpiece & Tutorial

I love home décor projects!  So, whenever I find something different and something like the one below I just couldn't pass it up.  The instructions for this project can be found at Archivers here.  The only problem with those instructions was it refers to another document for the outline of the turkey and the turkey feet.  Well, what was suppose to be a link to that document was not a hot link.  After some extensive searching, I finally found The Gentleman Crafter who had the document. He made a 3 part video - wowzer!  Here is where you can find the template for the turkey body and feet.
So, here we go.  I used Close To My Heart papers to put this together.  I had bought some chipboard a long time ago and some little leaves at a craft store which I also used with this project.  Below are photos showing all sides of this adorable turkey.  Note that the largest rosette is 8" (20.32 cm) tall.  The circle that the turkey is glued to is a 7.5" (19.05 cm) circle.  And I love the jiggly eyes!
Next is a side view:
Below is a closer view:
Next is a straight on view:
Now a view from the other side.  Note that I sponged the edge of the turkey with Chocolate Exclusive Inks to give him a little more definition.
Here we have a full view from the other side. 
And finally, a view of the base (which is chipboard covered with an old fall B&T paper from the Olivia Papers).
Papers:   Pathfinding papers, Scaredy Cat papers, Wanderful papers, Olivia papers (retired) Chocolate and Ruby Cardstocks
Stamps:  None
Ink:   Chocolate Exclusive Inks 
Embellishments: Leaves and jiggly eyes from craft store
Other:  Chipboard and hot glue gun
Now I am thinking this will make a fine addition to our Thanksgiving table and will make a super fun workshop project!
Happy November everyone!  It will be full of many blessings!!

1 comment:

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Beautiful project, Kathleen! I love it. Many thanks for sharing it with us!
:) Marie

Related Posts with Thumbnails